The Literacy Council Scholarship is a one-time scholarship to be awarded on May 8, 2020 at
the ATHENA Awards Luncheon. The LCSWPA Scholarship was established in 2019 to provide financial opportunities for exceptional high school senior women who are pursuing higher
education. Applicants must have a minimum 2.5 GPA. The application takes into
account academic achievement, exemplary character and leadership, and
extracurricular involvement/community service.
A total of two (2) scholarships in the amount of $2,500.00 each
will be awarded. Submit applications no later than April 8, 2020 to:
Literacy Council of Southwestern PA
ATTN: Executive Director
P.O. Box 1584
Washington, PA 15301.
2. Application and essay must be typed
(double-spaced) or legibly printed in blue or black ink.
3. Please complete and submit original
application and required attachments in the following order:
- Scholarship Application
- Essay (250-500 words)
- One letter of recommendation from adult, non-relative
- Original high school transcripts
- Questions should be directed to Brandi Miller 724.228.6188